The fierce surge in inflation extended into February, driving the rate of consumer price increases to a generational high, report Axios’ Neil Irwin and Matt Phillips.
By the numbers: The Consumer Price Index rose 0.8% in February and 7.9% more than a year earlier — the biggest 12-month rise since 1982.
What they say : “Mortgage rates are going to go up, auto loan rates — all of those rates that affect consumer buying decisions,” Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said. told lawmakers Last week.
- “Between rising inflation, shifting homebuyer priorities, and anxiety over steep bidding wars and cash deals, it’s clear how fast the housing market is changing,” said Sumant Sridharan, COO at HomeLight, an Arizona-based real estate technology platform that recently released its 2022 Buyer and Seller Insights Report.
As hopeful homebuyers navigate this rapidly changing landscape, here are some properties on the market in Denver to browse:
Why we love it: Back on the market after a quick turnaround, this beautiful and quiet corner unit on the 17th floor of the iconic Prado building features an east-facing balcony for morning sunrise, shade afternoon and city lights in the evening.
- Real estate agent: Jennifer Atkinson— Corcoran Perry & Co.
- Specifications: 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 909 square feet
- Notable Features: Walk-in closet in bedroom, plus new carpet and fresh paint. Granite kitchen counters and new cooktop. Washer and dryer in the unit and storage space on the same floor, plus additional storage in the parking garage. Location near the city center in the Golden Triangle pedestrian zone. Stunning views, security, on-site management and dog friendly.
Why we love it: From brick accents to built-in features, there are details that are unique to this property.
- District: Wash park
- Real estate agent: Jenny Usaj— USAJ Realty
- Specifications: 2 beds, 1 bath, 672 square feet
- Notable Features: Fenced backyard, covered front patio and solar panels. The second bedroom serves as a home office. All new plumbing installed in February, plus a brand new faucet in the kitchen. The unfinished basement has potential and detached parking for one car.
Why we love it: Any student of the European Bauhaus revival of the 1960s and 1970s will recognize the clean lines and clever use of space and light, showcasing the beauty of materials and emphasizing functionality. Retro finishes have been preserved by adding move-in ready design accents throughout.
District: Virginia Valley
Real estate agent: Kim Kouba — Compass
Specifications: 2 beds, 3 baths, 2,079 square feet
Notable Features: Vaulted living space, predominant location of south-west windows and glass doors that extend the living space outside. Original paneled fireplace, warm caramel colored concertina window panel, interior brick walls and exterior mechanical cables. Located on a cul-de-sac with a private driveway to an oversized garage.
Why we love it: This home has standout custom features and a Trex composite deck with two stairs, built-in lighting and plenty of entertaining space – a great place to entertain.
District: Governor’s Ranch — Littleton
- Real estate agent: Windholz Strawberry — Corcoran Perry & Co.
- Specifications: 3 beds, 3 baths, 3,619 square feet
- Notable Features: The entrance has 18 foot ceilings. Stainless steel kitchen appliances with sealstone countertops, an island and room for an everyday dining set. The owners suite has an adjoining den that shares a second fireplace. The main bathroom contains a bathtub, a shower, two sinks and a private chest of drawers. The secondary bedrooms have large closets with ELF organization systems and have good space. The shared bathroom which was recently updated has dual sinks, under counter lighting and ample medical cabinet space. The basement is ready to be personalized to your liking with the possibility of a future bathroom. Built-in shelves, brick fireplace. Tuff Shed with a concrete slab.
Why we love it: The basement of this south facing corner home is fully finished with new carpet and tons of space for a cinema room, play area and has a full wet bar including a mini fridge and coffee maker. wine fridge.
- District: Highland Ranch
- Real estate agent: Amanda Heath— Corcoran Perry & Co.
- Specifications: 5 beds, 5 baths, 5,696 square feet
- Notable Features: Three car garage with oversized stamped concrete patio rolled up in the back with a private hot tub. Updated kitchen with two large kitchen islands that overlook the family room and kitchen area, and the adjoining dining room. The second floor has updated wood flooring in the hallways and features two large updated master suites. Custom built-ins, custom draperies and valences, and high-end fixtures throughout.
Why we love it: The sellers are the original owners of this lovely town condo whose nearby attractions include: Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Arts, Denver Art Museum and Colorado History Center, and fabulous restaurants are also within a few blocks.
- District: civic center
- Real estate agent: Jenny Usaj + Kristina Casinelli — USAJ REAL ESTATE
- Specifications: 4 beds, 6 baths, 6,165 square feet
- Notable Features: 673 square foot ADU condo above the garage. Gas fireplace, built-in shelves and rising windows. The kitchen features granite counter tops, sleek European style cabinetry, glass tile, custom hand blown glass pendant lights and designer appliances. Lounge area and library. Five-piece en-suite bathroom and sleek closet with built-in accents. The residence includes an elevator, a kitchenette on the same level as the master bedroom, a laundry room and a heated garage that can accommodate three cars.